Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving yesterday. We had a nice Thanksgiving with family. Ate turkey, fixings, and pie. Played a couple board games.

Since we opted to not take part in Black Friday sales this year, I thought today I would share some of the Fall/Thanksgiving crafts that we did.

I found the idea for the leaf mask here. Of course ours came out a bit more scary than their version. Seema even screamed when she saw herself in the mirror.


With the leftover leaves that were already modge podge'd we hung on some twine across one of our windows.


I made these little yarn pumpkins from this yarn apple tutorial. Each of the kids that came out for my pumpkin patch portraits received one of these in their treat bags.


Lastly, this month we made marshmallow pilgrim hats to share with family and friends. One of my co-workers pointed out this recipe to me, so we had to try it. This is perfect for toddlers. Seema laid out the cookies and put the marshmallows in place, then I poured the chocolate and added the yellow buckle later.

No comments: